Program Coordinator, Spotlight on Learning
Attn: Artistic Director. Deadline to apply is Sunday, April 5.
Employment period: Present –June, 2016
Compensation: $2,000 contract plus limited expenses
Spotlight on Learning is an in-school elementary education program built around an assembly presented at schools throughout Reno and Northern Nevada. The successful candidate will coordinate all aspects of the program including creating the production, marketing it to schools, and presenting it with a small group of actors. The production will be based on an important issue facing elementary school children such as bullying or environmental education.
- Coordinate all aspects of in-school education program.
- Collaborate with Artistic Director and Playwright to develop script. Monitor progress to ensure development is proceeding on schedule.
- Coordinate all aspects of preparing the production for staging. These may include set design and building, costume design and/or acquisition, props acquisition, and sound (mics, amp and speakers). The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in all these areas.
- Consult with the Artistic Director to hire actors.
- Lead rehearsals.
- Market program to schools and register schools for in-school performances.
- Coordinate and direct in-school performances.
- Distribute, then collect evaluation forms after each performance.
- Communicate regularly with Artistic Director and SSPA board on progress of program.
Candidate must be a self-starter and not require a high level of direct supervision and oversight. Skills required include:
- Familiarity with all aspects of theater, including acting, directing, stage management, sound, set design, costume design, and props.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage a budget and schedule.
- Detail orientation.
Preferred skills and experience include:
- Set design and construction
For more information, contact Beth Honebein at email@example.com.
To apply for the position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Artistic Director. Resumes must be received by April 5 for consideration.